- Development of an FP7 proposal for a Social Innovation Incubation project, now successfully running - www.transitionproject.eu
- Business modelling and planning for location-based technology platform SME spin-out in UK (2012).
- FP7 Proposal development (2012)
- Delivered Business Incubation Project finalisation in Ukraine (2011).
- Delivered Business Model Training at ICT incubator in Ramallah, Palestine (2011/12).
- Delivered Action Fiche and TAPs (inc budget and Logframe) for EU Delegation, Jordan (2011).
- Delivered internship training programme for Jordanian EU R&D/Innovation project (2008).
- Assessed proposals to two EU/Egyptian innovation grant programmes (2008).
Technical Assistance Team Leader, SRTD Project, Jordan
Feb 2009 to Mar 2011
Responsible for all technical assistance on €4m EU-funded project that supported research, technology commercialisation, innovation and business incubation. Delivered successful turnaround of the project after suspension, 1 year into implementation. Advised the Project Director and EU Management on all aspects of strategic planning, use of local and international resources and delivery of project goals. Implemented technology transfer programme, using experts from Cambridge University, Imperial College and others. Built on existing incubators assisting two to reach European quality standards as set by EBN. Responsible for €900,000 of small-scale contacts for applied research and start-up businesses.
Executive Director, AlertMe Software Solutions Pvt Ltd, Chennai, India
May 2006 to Feb 2009
Established the subsidiary, recruited team, managed operations in Chennai, India. Part of senior management team that delivered strategic direction to the UK parent – AlertMe.com Ltd. Responsible for design, implementation and delivery of Web 2.0-based home security and energy management services. Integrated the requirements of hardware, marketing, production, customer service.
International Expert, Business Incubation, EJADA Project, Jordan
May 2004 to May 2006
24 month contract with Euro-Jordanian action for development of enterprise (EJADA). Developed proposals for an Innovation Policy for Jordan in collaboration with JUMP. Worked independently with Jordanian nationals to create a network of incubators. Responsible for all aspects of delivery: incubator business plans, operational procedures, marketing and incubatee selection; knowledge transfer to local managers.
Managing Director: London Business Innovation Centre Ltd
Feb 2003 to Dec 2003 – London, UK
Responsible for P&L for £2.5M turnover public/private partnership high-tech incubator. Appointed to asses future & deliver turnaround on public funded business model. Negotiated with key creditors, potential financiers, agencies & govt. on solutions. Implemented new model and monitored progress – received well by stakeholders. Due to external factors put company into administration with support of stakeholders.
Co-Founder / Chief Operating Officer: Konetic Ltd
Nov 1999 to Jul 2002 – London, UK
Responsible for day-to-day management of business, marketing, P&L, finance & HR. Created the strategic marketing plans, profitability initiatives & handled accounting. Drove strategy forward including restructuring from dotcom to “software as a service” business. Managed marketing of the key messages, corporate website, materials & events.
Director – Telecom, Media & Retail Practice: Momentus Ltd
Feb 1999 to Nov 1999 – London, UK
Responsible for development of business strategy & technology within these sectors. Managed a team of senior consultants creating and delivering individual & team projects. Delivered e-business strategy and payment system architecture for major UK company. Managed e-business strategy development for pharmaceutical information company.
- Senior Consultant – Media Futures Practice: SRI Consulting
- General Manager (Education Online); International Business Development Manager,
- Project Manager (Acorn Computers); Founder (Oak Solutions)
BSc (Hons) Software Engineering, University of Birmingham, UK